Last Reviewed on 12 December 2018
Asics Gel-Tech Walker Neo 4
This is one of the best rated pairs walking shoes from Asics. These might be a good pair if you are not suffering from collapsed arches. Their heel cup might need some time to get used to, but once they are broken in, you're walking on clouds.
If you’re constantly on the go or if you’re simply looking for a comfortable way to get around while on your feet, then you should consider getting a walking shoe to fit your needs. Walking shoes are a practical way to get all your walking done without the aches and pains that regular shoes cause.
The right walking shoe can help prevent injuries and even minimize the likelihood of developing blisters and calluses.
Finding the right walking shoe can be a daunting task. With so many models and brands to choose from, how do you know exactly what shoe would fit your needs best?
One of the best, no-fail walking shoes available in the market today is the Asics GEL-Tech Walker Neo 4.
It has impressed its users worldwide with its expertly designed form and function (see more in my post about the best women's walking shoes in 2018).
At a glance
The Asics GEL-Tech Walker Neo 4 proves that a shoe doesn’t have to be flashy to pack a solid punch. The GEL-Tech Walker Neo 4 makes use of a simple form and design, incorporating neutral colors to achieve the look of an everyday shoe.
The quarter panels showcase a simple line design to give the shoe a generally sporty look allowing its users to wear it as both a casual shoe, and an sports shoe.
Expand for Quick Video on Benefits
Pros vs Cons
Some sports shoe enthusiasts might not be too impressed with this shoes appearances, but what the Asics GEL-Tech Walker Neo 4 lacks in design, it makes up for in function.
This shoe makes use of high-grade materials to ensure optimal comfort and durability. Its lightweight design allows for ease of use, making it an ideal everyday shoe for people on the go (it's great for walking on concrete).
The cushioned insoles are removable for those who need to use orthotics although the supplied footbed does provide a degree of support.
If you have nodules or bunions you may find the toe box area aggravating but otherwise the mesh upper provides plenty of flexibility.
There is a limited amount of reflective detailing to the shoe for those who prefer walking at night.
- Biomorphic Fit® upper makes use of strategically located stretch material to decrease the likelihood of buckling
- Fine mesh lining with removable sock liner makes it easy to accommodate an orthosis
- Impact Guidance System® allows the shoe to avoid obstructing the foot’s natural gait
- 3M™ makes shoes reflective for higher visibility in low-light conditions
- Trusstic System® makes the shoe lightweight without sacrificing durability
- DuoMax® Support System enhances stability during movement
- Ortholite® sockliner manages sweat to keep feet comfortable and dry
- Solyte® enhances cushioning for maximum comfort
- GEL® cushioning absorbs shock during gait and allows shoes to conform to foot shape during different phases of the gait cycle
- AHAR® Heel Plugs placed in strategic areas to maximize durability
All in all, the Asics GEL-Tech Walker Neo 4 allows the highest level of comfort for an affordable price. It’s state-of-the-art design and features make it one of the best walking shoes in the market to date.
Although it might not be as flashy as other brands, the Walker Neo 4 gets the job done for a reasonable price.
Find similar models in the following articles: